Sunday, October 14, 2012

10 Awesome Jobs for Writer-ish People

So I've been trying to come up with a topic for a while now. I haven't been neglecting my blog, I just haven't been able to finish a post. I've got about ten unfinished drafts waiting for me. I'm new at this, I guess. It's like when I first started writing novels and I'd begin five at once and then not even finish them halfway before giving up and starting on another round of ideas. Although, I do plan to finish the other topics at some point. Anyway, I'm coming back with an easy list post.
I was looking into getting a job at Starbucks (even though I barely have time to do my homework as of right now) and started thinking about other awesome jobs. With the help of Ashtyn at http://wonderlandsreader.blogspot.com, I've put together a list. Note: these are jobs that I, a naive sixteen year old who's never worked a day in her life, think would be somewhat amazing.

1. Author (duh)

2. Barnes and Noble (50% off cafe items, 30% off books and other miscellaneous items, and 20% of music and technology items. Also, BOOKS.) (Working at an Indie Bookstore would be pretty cool too.)
3. Literary Agent (being a part of the crafting of masterpieces, reading for a living, meeting and encouraging other writers, etc.)

4. Starbucks (Free pound of coffee every week, unlimited free beverages on the job, 30% discount when not on the job, learn how to make awesome coffee drinks for yourself) (Don't forget about Indie Coffee Houses)

5. A Job in Publishing (I don't know very much about it, but it sounds nice)

6. Food Critic (Get to be in disguise, eat food, and there's some writing involved)

7. Animator (drawing, making stories, etc, and I just really love animated movies)

8. Script Writer (writing and story-telling, watching your story come to life)

9. Fashion Buyer (shopping for a living, travel with no cost to you)

10. Artist (I  just love creating art)

What about you? Any jobs that you think would be awesome?(:




4 comments:

  1. I always thought playing the organ at a hockey game would be cool. Also, the cosmetic counter at Harrods would be pretty sweet, too. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love makeup. That would be cool. I wish I knew how to play the organ. Thanks!(:

      Delete
  2. I NEED to work at Barnes and Noble. That would save me so much money and be so much fun! I'm hoping to becoming a Literary Agent as well as an Author when I'm older :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! There's not a Barnes and Noble in my city, though. I'd have to drive 30-40 minutes every day to get to work. But it would be AWESOME. Haha, I'll query you!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!